Tuesday 22 November 2011

Withered field


Turn this way!
I too feel lonely
late in autumn.


Winter solitude -
in a world of one color
the sound of wind.


Along this way,
no travellers.
Dusk in autumn.


In my new clothing
I feel so different, I must
look like someone else.


The moon is about to appear,
with their hands on their knees.
All present tonight



Clouds now and again
give a soul some respite from
moon - gazing - behold.


A caterpillar,
this deep in fall -
still not a butterfly. 



How admirable!
to see lightning and not think
life is fleeting.


A strange flower
for birds and butterflies
the autumn sky.



A field of cotton -
as if the moon
had flowered. 


On my travels, stricken -
my dreams over the dry land 
go on roving.



Winter garden,
the moon thinned to a thread,
insects singing.
  

Dark night -
Plover crying
For its nest.


Haiku poems by Matsuo Basho 
1 st. November 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment